Are you looking for suitable funding for your scientific activities? We keep you up-to-date on relevant funding programmes, research prizes, and grants offered by a range of different funding institutions.
Below you will find announcements from the most important funding organizations. You can also carry out your own research by using funding databases. We also recommend subscribing to our funding newsletter.
- Subscribe to our Funding Information NewsletterHide
Our funding newsletter in German language is published separately for three different academic areas and is sent by e-mail every week or two. The one-page newsletter contains summaries of new and ongoing funding programmes along with new funding and international networking announcements for early-career scholars. It also includes science awards, announcements of preparatory workshops for upcoming programmes, and important information on funding.
Sign up for our funding newsletter here:
- Funding information for life and environmental sciences (Faculty of Biology, Biochemistry, Geo-Ecology)
- Funding information for engineering and the natural sciences (Faculty of Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science; Faculty of Engineering Science; Chemistry; BGI)
- Funding information for the humanities and social sciences (Faculty of Law, Business & Economics; Faculty of Languages & Literature; Faculty of Cultural Studies; Geography)
However, our newsletter is by no means exhaustive. We recommend that you also use other (e.g. subject-specific) funding information and check funding databases for current funding information.
Please be aware that a subscription is only possible with a valid @uni-bayreuth.de email address.
If you have any questions regarding the newsletter, please contact Dr. David Magnus.
- Current Funding OpportunitiesHide
This page contains current announcements by Germany's largest research funding organizations, announcements in the European Research Framework Programme Horizon Europe, and current programmes relating to international cooperation.
- Funding DatabasesHide
- ELFI-Förderdatenbank: The ELFI database offers around 12,000 research funding programmes from over 5,200 national and international funding bodies, as well as information on 260 research areas and 34 cross-cutting themes. Call texts and application forms can be accessed directly. Individual query profiles can be created for users with different research interests, taking into account specific funding types.
- Förderdatenbank - Germany's Federal Funding Database provides a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of federal, state, and EU funding programmes.
- EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion. This European portal offers scholars information on career opportunities in Europe.
- EURAXESS Germany informs and advises internationally mobile researchers who are coming to Germany to engage in scholarly activities as well as scholars who would like to go abroad.
- DAAD Stipendiendatenbank für Deutsche contains information on funding opportunities for German students, graduates, doctoral researchers, postdocs, and university teaching staff.
- DAAD Scholarship database for international researchers: Study and research in Germany contains information on funding opportunities for international students, graduates, doctoral researchers, postdocs, and university teaching staff.
- KoWi - The European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations publishes vacancies in academia and science management.
- academics.de - The career portal for science and research contains vacancies and numerous tips for your academic career.
- GAIN - The network of German scholars in North America provides an overview of funding opportunities offered by all the major research and funding organizations for transatlantic cooperation and return.
- Stipendienlotse - The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) provides a database for researching scholarship opportunities.