STEPPING STONE – Funds for campus-internal, interdisciplinary collaborative research projects (line A: up to € 2,000 for small projects, line B: up to € 5,000 for larger projects that lead to a DFG proposal): "Stepping Stone" projects can only be applied for via the focus area chairpersons (Profilfeldsprecher*innen). The chairpersons conduct an evaluation in advance and forward selected applications to the Office of Research Support. At least two research groups need to be involved, the project needs to be interdisciplinary. Funds for Stepping Stone projects can be used, for example, for hiring a graduate assistant, for material resources relating to the intended research, or for workshops.
- applications via chairpersons of focus areas (Profilfeldsprecher*innen) who pre-select
- 1 application per person (coordinating or participating) per year
- subsequent application requires that first Stepping Stone project was successful (as evidenced e.g. by publications or joint funding proposal)
- participation of at least two research groups; interdisciplinary nature must be clear
- Stepping Stone projects of line B need to result in a joint DFG proposal
- proof of how internal funds are used
- by 31 March or 30 September of each year
- application form with brief, broadly comprehensible summary of the project and explanation of required start-up funds with presentation of costs
- please forward the application form to focus area chairpersons (Profilfeldsprecher*innen)!